Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Don't Be That Friend

Anyone have that one friend who always has the lamest excuses on why they blew you off?! Well that's just about all of my friends. Over the years, I have heard some of the dumbest shit come from people that call themselves my friends.

The other night my cousin and fellow blogger told me I should start a blog. I thought about it and decided nah, I had nothing of value to share. Just then my phone lights up with a text message. Another lame excuse from a friend. Then it hit me, I could blog about exactly that. So I gathered my thoughts, picked a name and joined Blogger.

So back to that text message. I woke up on Sunday morning to a text message from a friend about her dog. I responded about how I was sure the dog was fine. At that time I sent a second text letting her know I had a coupon for Moe's and asked her to grab dinner with me. Knowing she was at work, I didn't expect a response until she was on break later in the day. 4:30pm rolls around and I was just telling my boyfriend that I still had not heard from her. I went on Facebook and saw she had posted on Facebook about a half hour earlier. I'm not sure about any of you readers, but when someone blatantly ignores you like that you assume it means no. So, instead I got dinner with my boyfriend. Hours went by and my friend had been out of work for a few hours, but yet I still had not heard from her. So I decided to call her out. I sent the text "Thanks for the response". A few minutes later I receive, "I didn't see it till now. I prob hit it on accident at work and didn't know."

Anybody with any grasp of technology knows this sounds like the dumbest response ever. To "accidentally" open up a text message without realizing it, is nearly impossible.

List of things you would need to do in order to open a text without realizing:
1- When you turn on your lock screen, ignore all of the alerts (or maybe just all the message alerts).
2- Completely miss that little red circle that says 1/2/3 etc.
3- Never open your messages (lets get real no girl doesn't open their texts the minute they can)
4- Somehow miss all these signs that you had a text but still manage to go through all these steps and not even realize.


I would much rather hear "no", then to be ignored. Don't be THAT friend, readers. Do you want to be ignored? Probably not. Its very hurtful and aggravating to be ignored for no good reason. Do you guys have a friend like this? Have a similar situation happen to you? Please feel free to share your stories with me!

Thanks for reading!
Kristen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment